ASK Technos LLC and our affiliated service Custom Box Studio respect your concerns about the privacy of Personal Data you may share with us. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Data.
- What is Personal Data?
- When We Collect Personal Data
- Personal Data We Collect
- How and Why We Process Personal Data
- How We Share Personal Data
- How Long We Keep Personal Data
- Your Rights
- Exercising Your Rights
- Security of Personal Data
- International Data Transfers
What is Personal Data?
Personal data consists of any information related to a natural person who can be directly or indirectly identified, especially by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one of several special characteristics, which expresses the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, commercial, cultural or social identity of these natural persons.
When We Collect Personal Data
We may collect your Personal Data when you:
- Visit our website
- Visit our social media pages
- Visit our offices
- Contact us or when we communicate with you
- Use our products and services as an authorized user on behalf of one of our customers
- Receive a shipment from us or one of our customers
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect the following types of Personal Data from customers and other users of our website.
- Contact Information: Including name, address, email address, and phone numbers.
- Shipping Receipt and Routing Information: Including recipient contact information, forwarding directions, shipment routing and tracking, pickup and delivery information, shipment status, delivery destination, packaging, number of pieces, weight, shipment content, recipient signatures for proof of delivery, physical location, and customs information.
- Account Information: Including username, password, and other credentials.
- Financial Information: Including bank and credit account information or other payment system information.
- User Information: Including login history, purchase history, communications, and preferences.
- Publicly Available Information: Including information from social media platforms and apps.
- Automatically Collected Information: Including IP address, device identification, browser type and setting, system usage and settings, referring website addresses, geo location data, email tracking, browsing and content access activity on our websites.
- Publicly Available Information: Including social media profiles and posts.
Like many websites, we use "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s device containing information about the user’s visit to a website.
The cookies we use are of various types including:
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to track information about a user’s visit, including IP address, time and duration of website visit, pages viewed, visit source/referring site, and time zone. We use this information to administer and improve our website
- Functional Cookies: We use these cookies to keep track of logon IDs, system preferences, and tracking pages viewed.
- Cookies necessary for the performance and functioning of our website.
You can change the user settings in your browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your device.
Our website, products, and services are not directed to children. We do not intentionally collect Personal Data regarding children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that we have collected Personal Data of a child under the age of 16, please contact us and we will remove the Personal Data as appropriate.
6. How and Why We Process Personal Data
We process Personal Data that we collect or receive for the following legitimate purposes and interests:
- To manage your account or the account of a customer: We process Personal Data to manage our contracts for the use of our websites, products, and services; if we have not entered into a contract with you either explicitly or by virtue of completing a sale or transaction, we base the processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interest to provide you with the necessary functionality required for your use of our websites, products, and services.
- To process and collect payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we process your Personal Data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction and perform our contract with you.
- To communicate with you and provide customer support: If you contact us via our website, customer support services, by email, or by telephone, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- To communicate with you about new products and services: We process Personal Data to provide information about new products and services, and to provide other personalized content to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting our website, products, and services.
- To support, develop, and improve our website, products and services: We process Personal Data to analyze trends and to track usage of and interactions with our websites, products, and services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our websites, products, and services and providing our users with more relevant content and offerings.
- Identifying customer opportunities: We process Personal Data to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our customers and their users.
- To perform data analytics: We process Personal Data to analyze trends and assess and improve our website, products, and services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our website, products, and services.
- To address fraud, security, or technical issues: We process Personal Data by tracking use of our websites and services, creating aggregated data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our terms and policies to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the services, systems and applications and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process Personal Data when cooperating with government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, responding to lawful requests, or for auditing or investigation purposes.
- To third parties for evaluation, negotiation, and implementation of changes in ownership: We process Personal Data to the extent it is necessary to further our legitimate business interests when evaluating, negotiating, and implementing changes of ownership such as mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcy, and sale of assets.
- For such further purposes as disclosed at or before the time of data collection.
How We Share Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data as follows:
- Service Providers: We may at times contract with service providers for services such as data processing, IT and system administration, data hosting and processing, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, shipping providers, and customer support for the purposes and pursuant to the legal bases described above.
- Payment Transaction Processors: We may share your Personal Data with payment gateways and other payment transaction processors to the extent this is necessary for processing payment for our products and services.
- Customers With Whom You Are Affiliated: If you use our products or services as an authorized user on behalf of another customer, we may share your Personal Data with the customer responsible for your access to the services to the extent this is necessary for providing our products and services, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing our terms and policies.
- Customers From Whom You Receive Shipments: If you are the recipient of a shipment from one of our customers or a customer’s authorized representative, we may share your Personal Data with postal and customs authorities, and shipping and other service providers to the extent this is necessary for providing our products and services and complying with legal requirements.
- Professional Advisers: In individual instances, we may share Personal Data with professional advisers acting as service providers, data processors, or joint controllers - including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Third Parties Involved in a Corporate Transaction: We may share Personal Data with a third party if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other corporate change, or if some or all of our business, assets or stock are acquired by a third party.
- To Governmental Authorities, Courts, and Regulators: We may share Personal Data with government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
How Long We Keep Personal Data
We may retain Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection or as long as required to fulfill our legal obligations.
Depending on the geographical region in which you reside, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including rights to:
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Know more about how we processed your Personal Data;
- Fix inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- Have your Personal Data removed or deleted;
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Data;
- Transfer your Personal Data to another data controller;
- Object to our processing and use of your Personal Data;
- Opt out of certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- If you’re under the age of 16, opt in to certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (we do not currently do this on our website or in our products and services);
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal; and
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section, below. We try to respond to all legitimate, verifiable requests as quickly as possible and will contact you if we need additional information.
Security of Personal Data
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and inappropriate access. We use generally accepted data security practices such as firewalls and encryption. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are responsible for protecting your account credentials and devices.
Credit/debit card information and banking information for ACH payments that you input as part of your checkout process is transmitted directly to our secure merchant processor using their best practices and security. We do not keep or have access to full credit/debit card numbers or bank account identification for ACH processing during online checkout or at any other time. Our direct payment gateway provider adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit/debit card information by our store and its service providers.
International Data Transfers
Personal Data may be processed outside your jurisdiction, and in countries that are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or your local authority, and that may not provide for the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction. We ensure that the recipient of your Personal Data offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into appropriate agreements and, if required, standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission. We may ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
Your data will be transferred to servers located in the United States for the purpose of producing, fulfilling, and servicing your orders.